Visit to HVS

During my last visit to Hyderabad i.e. in November 2005, I visited our school.
This most memorable visit is something like this.......

Vidu was at HVS main gate and he walked towards the gate where we used to walkin to join the assembly for the morning prayer , where Sonal Shah, Sandhya Pai et al. used to sing at the pitch of their voices while the guy behind you was busy trying to put ink on your shirt., as expected the gate was closed , so it used to be when me and Sandeep missed the bus route no.3C or route No. 2 from charminar at 8.15 AM. We used to pray that we shouldn't miss the bus and Sandeep used to be invariably late. If we miss this bus we would get two beatings from Ratnam sir, with his most infamous cane. To reduce the pain and to make the cane miss or to make is slip off our palm we either used to quickly move our hand off or rub our hands off our head so that some of the 10ml oil on our head be on our hand and the cane would slip off our palm (this most defunct idea was that of Vinayak Baggi)......

Well, since the gate was closed, I had to take go through the Office side entrance, where there is huge statue resprensting the Vyayam Shala, tried to compare my muscles with him, poor staute started crying when I did that.....hahahaha........ at the stairs ...it reminded me of the game we used to play...one of us said either Land, Sea, Water, Tea, Coffee and we used jump to that particular level.... and now the most difficult task ...get permission from Ratnam sir, he was there in his office, but his voice was so feeble and missing teeth on his jaw, I asked "MAMOO", can I go inside the school and have a look at the classrooms where I studied, he said ok and said I need to take permission from the head teacher and he didnt forget "HURRY UP...HURRY UP". "Mamoo in Safari Suit".

I first walked towards the stage area, where most of us used to eat our lunch, and the games room which was more of unclaimed Lunch boxes than any sports equipment.

I went to the staff room, Infact I was asked to wait for the head teacher....guess who...it was ...yeah! it was Mrs.JINK (Zinc - Zn) , Againest (Against), yeah! it was none othar than Sundari Teacher. The other teacher whom I met was our Jhansi Rani, who was never tired of beating the students with two rulers in one hand, yeah! Mrs. Bharati....

It was very very nostalgic , but guys our teachers are very old now and most of them have retired.

Sundari teacher asked one of the admin. staff to accompany me , well, it was the Martial Arts teacher, I spoke to him about my Taekwando Skills (Beware!! Im a black LEATHER Belt, 2 DAN). Wewent around the class rooms , the Sandeepani school side has been closed and I couldn't go to the ROTARY HALL, where we had science exhibitons and yoga classes.

I met Mrs.Dorcus, Mrs. Premlatha (both are retiring this year), Mrs.Janaki, Mrs.Suguna, Mrs. Bhavani, Mrs. Rajani. Among the High school teachers I met Geeta Teacher , She was very Happy to see me and gave me hug.

It was such a pleasant visit andI think school was best part of our lives.

Comments

Sandeep said…
I also visited HVS , more recently, than you, in Feb 2006.
I was really very very nostalgic.
Teachers were also so happy to see me (can you see a tinge of pride..never mind). Later in the evening all my classmates who ar still in Hyderabad, planned and met. Know what! one schoolmate who was not from our class, but whose name was mentioned was 'Sonal Shah', ya. you guessed it right, its only because , she was the one who made our PT classes 'interesting'
-Sandeep

Popular Posts