SUGUNA@INFOSYS

Here is a write up which Suguna wanted me to post.

(Sorry Suguna, there was a delay in posting this)

********************************************************
A total shift from pharma industry and hospitals to one of th TOP IT companies in no doubt created butterflies in my tummy yet I was pretty excited about the new job.
When I had been to Infosys for the Inperson interview for the first time I was awestruck
with the way things are planned executed and then it manages 15000 IT professionals , the campus is working 24x7 and u have flexi timings provided that you work in your team as per the requirements and put in 8.5 hrs of work everyday.

The campus is spread in 80 acres of land with 42 three-four storied buildings and 3 hostel and guest accomodation center. A beautiful library but of course not much on literary books but ya loads of books related to software and hardware and mags and jrnl related to business software industry and healthcare –IT jrnls which I came across was interesting and surely I would ref these with my future projects.

This must be common with every IT company but however for me it was all new and like the system where you execute your requirements to the different departments on Infy (Infosys) an intra net link by name SPARSH which has various links right from transport request for BUS pass to income tax consulting, leisure clubs, library, international travel, guidelines for new employees, guide to intl travel which is again region specific etc.


Coffee and tea are served like water , vending machines are all over the campus drnk as much as you can , and aqua guard water cold and plain !!!
Infycity (campus) has 5 food courts, three catering companies which give, Chinese, Indian north and south, chat center, Italian, bakery stuff and work 24 hrs x5 and also Kamat, two Domino’s centers which supply pitza’s 24x7 in the campus at a reduced price, 3-4 juice centers , 2 coffe day centers , 5 ATM ‘s of ICICI, ICICI Bank, Beauty Par lour and Salon of Shenaaz Hussain !!! Grooming is one of the imp things at the campus which is strictly followed if not abiding by dress codes e-mails notices followed by penalty !! esp men who come with out TIE on Monday and Tuesday ! Fortunately there no big problem for girls.
There is a big Gym, health care center with 24 hrs doctor on call, Food World, Indigo nations outlet, infy shopping center where you get everything with infy stamp! Airtel, hutch, reliance counters, you just donot need to look for anything provided you have good paisa!!
Green lawns and fountain add up to the glamour to the otherwise mechanical life and people who barely look at one another during working hrs but during a break its all fun and where you get to talk to someone.

I work in Health Care Life Sciences Domain as Consultant for Clinical research Process !!! I hav some the extremely bright and intellectual tam members, who are caring and friendly at the same time hope this continues! so far so good. Just started to get into the working in an IT mode hope I would do justice to the job!

I would be tooooo optimistic if I have not found anything negative well the traffic from infy to city is the worst part , I would travel for a place which is just 20 min away but during the evening hrs it takes 1 hr atleast to reach home !!! WORST THAN HYD TRAFF !! NO wonder Hyd is Hyd people here praise Hyd for good people, food and clean roads, however they say the place is not professional !!! and this is what had driven me out of the city that I adore so much J !

The next worst part is the campus has three smoking zones which shld not be encouraged but OLD HABITS DIE HARD! So they had to come up with this I guess.
Fruits are not sold in campus and we get a plate of fruit for Rs15/- and its 90% with Watermelon , which is not very fresh and I really don’t relish it much , so I never attempted to have, lunch we get lots of salad so thats fine , evenings probably I can explore the markets around and buy fruits and veggies.

I guess though I may not bee too good in giving you the exact picture but this surely has covered the Iny Campus details I guess!!



**************************************************

Thanks for your valuable comments.

Comments

Popular Posts