Thoda sa Roomani ho jaye !!

I had written this in May 2007, three months after my wedding, and Sonali's visa has not yet been issued, and the only question I was hearing time and again from my friends ......
iam publishing this now, because , firstly i forgot to do it in May 2007 and this has mention in my other post 2007 ! Phantom of the opera......

*****************************


Now a days most of my communication with friends start with them asking me.... 'Hey what happened to your wife's visa' So I decided to go filmy with the reply.... read on...
Hindi films songs surely capture all moods, I can prove it…
********************************************************************
When I was going to India for my wedding, all my friends joined in congratulating me.
They presented a beautiful 'Emporio Armani' watch, one for me and one for my wife.
How sensible , rather prophetic…. I'll tell you why !
I was going to India singing all the way , 'Tumse milne ki tamanna hai, pyar ka irada hai aur ek waada hai jaanam'
Reached India and our hearts were in sync singing ' Apni shaadi ke din ab nahi door hai…main bhi tadpa karoon, tum bhi tadpa karo !)
Feb 25th was a date , which took a 1000 light years to reach.
But the inevitable has to happen and the heavens blessed saying 'Do sitaroon ka zameen par hai Milan…..'
Post wedding , till the time I returned to Frankfurt ……
'aye dil-e-naadaan, aarzoo kya hai…justajoo kya hai'
Yeh haseen waadiyan, yeh khula aasmaan, aagaye hum kahan , aye mere jaane jaan'..
Us zindagi se kaise sitam ka gila Karen, jis zindagi ne aap se milva diya hamein'
8th of march I was singing ' Aye jaate hue lamhon, zara thehro, zara thehron…'
Then came 9th March 2007 , I know it rhymes with 9th August 1942- , both the dates had the same result – Quit India……
After that day, two names became very important in my life neither Sonali Sangvikar, nor Sonali Kulkarni, they were 'Sharmila' and Niklas' !!!!
Every day it is ' main aur meri tanhayee, aksar yeh baaten karte hai…'
Then I see my watch (Emporio Armani- which my friends so sensibly gifted me),
Iam sure Sonali would also be looking at a similar watch….. 'Pal-Pal-Pal-Pal....har pal, har pal... kaise kate ga yeh pal…'
Then suddenly the tone changes….Sharmila / Niklas / Deepika 'Rabb se ziyaada tera naam leta hoon…Rab mujhe maaf kare , mera insaaf kare…'
Now a days when I go home in a train /Tram, I feel like Amol Palekar 'Ek-akela is shehar mein… raat mein aur do-paher mein….'
Then Philosophy over takes me ,and I understand the meaning of the song 'Panchi-Nadiya-Pawan ke jhonkey, koi sarhad na inhe rokey,…. Socho tumne aur maine kya paaya insaan ho ke'
Then suddenly the Kisna comes to mind 'Har pyar Milan to nahi…hum ek doosrey se alag reh kar bhi to pyar ko Ooncha darja dete hai' – Alas !
I would prefer to say this to Aishwarya
Right now my 'Yalgaar' is 'Aakhir tumhe aana hai…zara der lagegi… Visa ka bahana hai..zara der lagegi'.
Now a days I think more of Niklas /Sharmila (not Sonali) and sing 'Intehaa ho gayi , intezaar ki…'
Ya Sonali, I heard you …what? you want me to repeat what you are saying…OK, I heard you say .. 'Saajan mera us paar hai…. Milne ko dil bekaraar hai'
Uff yeh Mohabbat ! par , yeh bhi sach hai ' Jab- jab pyaar pe pehra hua hai, pyaar aur bhi gehra-gehra hua hai '
Don't worry Sonali , If we have an Gabbar Singh as a Visa officer, we also have Jai (Niklas / Deepika)to help us-Viru and Basanti , and convince Mausi (Angela Merkal). Above all Thakur (Krishna Mohan ) personally handling our mission. But alas his hands are tied !!! (I mean Travel desk). Never mind Niklas will get the work done , Peace be upon her !!!.
Then I will come to take you , not on a white horse, but in Deutsche Bahn, and you can hear me ' Chal- Chal, mere Sang-Sang, meri jaan-e-ghazal, Jaan-e-ghazal….'
That day you can say, 'Saat samundar paar mein tere peeche-peeche aa gayi …'
Then as all our movies end ( Happily ever after) …
And ' Chota sa ghar hoga badalon ki chaaon mein, asha diwani mann mein bansuri bajayegi'
Till then
Kaun Kambakht bardaasht karne ke liye peeta hai, hum to is liye peete hai ki zinda reh sake !!
'weham-O-Gumaan se duur-duur, yakeen ke hadd ke paas-paas…..dil ko yeh yakeen ho gaya hai tum ho, yahin kahin ho'

- Sandeep Kulkarni

*******************************
PS :
Sharmila is our travel desk coordinator in Bangalore
Niklas / Deepika are our coordinators in Frankfurt
Krishna Mohan is an PM for another project , but a good friend of mine.

Comments

Popular Posts